What will be the impact of 30% of electro mobility on the distribution grid?
What if we promote the deployment of heat pumps?
What is does increased local production from renewables impact the grid?
Can you simulate specific scenarios for a cold winter day?
GRIDSCOPE is the answer to all of these requests.
Based on a validated and powerful calculation engine, we have developed a web-based tool for dynamic low voltage grid simulation. The simulation is carried out on the following sequence:
- Grid topology: Selection of the available standard grid topology or integration of your individual grid topology. If available we can also include your GIS data to display the grid elements on a map
- Scenario definition: With a few simple sliders or in advanced mode, if you need to customise parameters, you have the possibility to adjust all relevant input parameters for your simulation scenario:
- Baseload: Define or select load profiles for households and other activities
- Behaviour: Model the human influence on energy usage
- Climate & weather: Modify weather conditions that impact demand
- Trends: Adjust the ramping up of electro mobiity or new solar panels on rooftops
- Simulation run and visualisation of power flow
- Control strategies: What is the impact of coordinated vehicle charging, or of incentives for a grid supportive behavior?
You might wonder…
Can you help me to define and analyse different scenarios?
Can you simulate the impact of a control strategy that we have in mind?
What can be the impact of an incentive or a change of behaviour?
We can provide grid simulation experts to help you defining your scenario and validate the simulation with your team.
Scenario definition, integration of your individual topology in the tool, definition of a specific control strategy can sometimes be quite complex, even with the intuitive web interface that we have designed for GRIDSCOPE, therefore we can offer you expertise to assist you in the definition of simulation parameters aligned with your requests. Typically, such a service is structured in 6 phases:
- Definition of objectives: During this phase we will define the scope of your request with your team.
- Data collection
- Scenario definition
- Attention point detection
- Control strategy
With GRIDSCOPE you can address all strategic decisions for the deployment of the key elements required for the energy transition:
- Heat pumps
- Local renewable energy production
- Dynamic flexibility management
- Grid-connected assets for dynamic control
For each of these dimensions, with GRIDSCOPE and our experts, you can define the correct investment, control and promotion strategy, according to the conditions of your real energy landscape.